When senior leaders get asked to go on a global assignment they will have a lot on their minds. What will happen to their lives, the lives of their family, their careers?
Most leaders are unaware that they can negotiate an international package that is custom tailored to the needs of their careers and that of their family members.
For example, below are a few questions we help our clients address and resolve:
- What can you do to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones while on assignment, how safe is the local environment, will you be compensated if you will be living in an unstable countryt?
- What if you have a child with special needs, will there be a support system for you and your family? If so, what will that support system look like?
- What if you have a teenager that needs to prepare for university, what will be expected of them in their new school system and how can you match it to your child’s educational goals?
- How can you best maximize your housing package, will the amount they offer you, actually cover your housing in the new culture?
- How best to handle your spouse’s or partner’s career, will they be allowed to work, if not, what can they do to maximize their time overseas?
- What type of extra compensation will you be offered, will you be paid in the local currency or in your homeland currency?
- What about your current dwelling? Will you recieve assistance with the home you leave behind?
- Vacation time and travel expenses can all be negotiated, what will be the best schedule for you and your family?
- What about your career, how long will your assignment be and what will happen to your career when the assignment is over?
A strong contract going into the assignment will ensure that you and your family have the best experience possible. You can’t predict the future, but you can certainly prepare for it.
Negotiating a strong international overseas package with your company or organization in the beginning will prepare you and your loved ones for life in a new culture and ensure not only your happiness, but your career success as well.
Contact us for a consult, where we can sit with you and discuss your package and give you alternatives, or offer suggestions for the strongest possible package.
Price is per hour.